The Name the Droplet Contest invites residents to help us select a name for the star of our animated videos, playing card game and other public service announcements made throughout the region.
How to Enter the Contest
You may submit your idea by filling out the entry form below:
- The contest is open to residents of following counties in Missouri: Cass, Clay, Jackson, Platte, Ray.
- And these counties in Kansas: Johnson, Leavenworth, Miami, Wyandotte.
- Entries will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on July 2, 2021.
- Full name, age, and county where you reside must be completed on the form.
- Be sure to include a brief explanation of why you chose this name for the droplet.
- If your submission is chosen by our board later this summer, you will be notified over email and we will make an announcement on MARC social media accounts.
- Our board, made up of local government officials and environmental experts, will select the winner of the contest. The decision of the board is final.
- The Mid-America Regional Council’s Water Quality Program will request permission to publish a picture of the winning finalist on our organization’s website and social media.
- The contest winner agrees that MARC and its water quality partners in cities and counties across the Kansas City region can use the name in educational materials without further remuneration beyond the stated prize.
- MARC reserves the right not to select a winner if the committee does not find any entries suitable for its public education goals and mission.